This Policy applies only to information collected through our website and not to information collected offline. By using our site, you consent to this Policy.
What Information Do We Collect and How Do We Collect It?
We collect certain types of information on our website. Any collection of any information; however, will be in accordance with this Policy.
- Personal Data That You Share With Us. We do not collect personal data on our website unless you share it with us. Personal data is defined slightly differently across the world. To guarantee your privacy and the protection of your information, we define "personal data" as any data or information that could be used to identify you or another individual, such as an identification number, or factors specific to your physical, physiological, mental, economic, cultural or social identity. It is important to note that some countries consider a person's internet protocol (IP) address to be personal data. There are some limited situations where we may ask you to share personal data with us. For example, job candidates may apply for open positions directly through our website. Thus, we may ask a job applicant to send or upload his or her resume, to provide his or her name and contact information, employment history, education, skills, and additional information for the purposes of creating a candidate profile for internal review. We may also ask an applicant to share the personal data of other people (i.e., references) in connection with his or her application. An applicant can decide not to provide certain information, or ask that any information previously shared be removed; however, if you do so, you may not be able to take full advantage of a career at Small Army, apply for open employment opportunities at our company, and process an application. Small Army may retain your resume and related personal data for future employment or other purposes, but will not share such information with any third parties. You may also be asked to provide us with your personal data in the event that you would like to us to reach out to you about our services or if you would like to submit a question for our review.
- Personal Data That We May Receive For or On Behalf of Our Clients. During the course of our provision of certain marketing and advertising services, we may receive or transfer personal data between our clients and the vendors that we engage to provide them with the requested services. Small Army will not use this information for its own purposes, nor will this information be incorporated into Small Army's databases. Further, Small Army will only share this information with the contracting parties for whom it was collected or their service providers. We will only use, share, and transfer such information in line with the contractual arrangements between Small Army, its clients, and their vendors.
- Information About Your Interactions With Our Website. When you use our website, we automatically collect and store certain information about your use of our website.
- Log Information. Similar to other websites, we may collect and store information and anonymous, aggregate statistics (i.e., "log information" or "website analytics") from all visitors to our websites, whether you actively provide us with that information or merely browse our websites. With the exception of your IP address, this information is generally anonymous information that does not personally identify you, such as, the browser software you use, your operating system, the date and time of access, the internet address of the website from which you link through to our website and information on how you use our websites.
- Cookies and Other Tracking Devices. Information about your interactions with our website may be collected by way of the installation of a tracking technology, including the use and installation of cookies, pixels, and other tracking devices (together, "Tracking Devices"). We use Tracking Devices to compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interaction so that we can offer better site experiences and tools in the future. Some Tracking Devices that we use may collect personal data about you, such as your IP address. The Tracking Technologies installed by third party analytic companies are governed by the respective third parties' privacy policies. We encourage you to read these policies to understand how these companies may use your information. Any personal data that we collect directly will be used in accordance with this Policy. By continuing to use our websites, you accept that tracking technologies may be set on your device. You have the ability to control what tracking devices may be installed on your devices through your browser settings. Failure to accept some of the tracking devices may impact the look, feel, and some of the functions of our website.
- Email Address/Mailing List. When email one of our employees, your name and email address may be added to our Small Army mailing list. We may send you emails regarding Small Army, various events that we host or sponsor, or other related materials. [If you do not wish to have your name added to our mailing list, you should contact us by email at email@example.com to ask that your name be removed .] You can [also] unsubscribe from our mailing list by clicking on the "unsubscribe" button at the bottom of one of our emails to you.
How Do We Use the Information That We Collect?
We will never sell the information collected from or on our website. Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways.
- To Improve and Analyze Our Website. We continually strive to improve our website based on the information and feedback we receive from you. We use the information that we collect to see how long our websites take to load, how they are used, the number of visitors to the different sections of our websites, and what information visitors look at most. It also helps identify any part of our website that isn't working as well as it should - so we can fix things and make our website better for you and other users.
- To Interact With You. We may use the information that you share with us to interact with you, including to receive communications about our business or in connection with pending job applications or requests for information about our services.
How Long Do We Keep Your Information?
We only keep your information for as long as we need to, to be able to use it for the reasons given in this Policy, and for as long as we are required to keep it by law. We may save resumes submitted through our website for future reference; however, you may request the deletion of this information as outlined in the section titled "How Can You Update and Request the Deletion of Your Personal Data?" below.
How Do We Protect Your Information?
The security of your personal data is paramount. We have implemented and maintain a variety of security procedures and practices to maintain the security and safety of your information, such as a combination of physical and technical controls which restrict and manage how your information is processed and handled. We also ensure that members of our team are trained in protecting your information.
How Can You Update or Request the Deletion of Your Personal Data?
We will only use your personal data as outlined in this Policy. You can avoid having your personal data shared with us in the following ways: a) do not provide us with your personal data; and b) do not access our website. If you would like us to delete your personal data, please contact us using the information located in the "Questions?" section below or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you no longer wish to receive future communications from Small Army, you may unsubscribe from our emails by following our unsubscribe process included in each of our emails. We are happy to accommodate your request, but we may retain an archived copy of your information as required by law or for other legitimate business purposes.
We want your personal data to be complete and accurate. By using our website, you represent and warrant that all information you provide in connection with your use of the website will be complete and accurate, and that you will update that information as necessary to maintain its completeness and accuracy.
Do We Disclose Any Information to Third Parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise share your personal data to parties outside of Small Army except as set forth in this policy. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you. They only have access to the personal data that they need to perform their respective services. More importantly, they are required to keep your personal data confidential and may not use it other than as we ask them to and always in accordance with this Policy.
We may also share your information when we believe doing so is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or other's rights, property, or safety, as part of the transfer of assets or property in connection with an acquisition or merger, or to the extent ordered by bankruptcy law.
A Few More Things You Should Know…
- Links to Other Websites. We may provide links to other websites which are not owned and operated by Small Army. We have no control over and are not responsible for the content of those sites or how the third parties responsible for them collect and use your personal information. Third party websites may have their own privacy polices explaining how they use and share your personal information. You should carefully review those privacy policies before you use these websites to make sure that you are comfortable with how your personal information is being collected and shared.
- Children. This website is intended for use by people over the age of eighteen (18). We do not knowingly collect personal data from children. If we learn that we have collected information from anyone under the age of eighteen (18) we will promptly destroy it. Please contact us using the contact information below if you believe that we have such information in our possession.
- International Users. If you are located outside of the United States and choose to share your information with us, your information may be transferred, stored, and processed in the United States. By providing your information to us by way of our website, you consent to the collection, transfer, use, storage and disclosure of your information as disclosed in this Policy.
If you have any questions about this policy, please do not hesitate to contact us contact us at:
Small Army, Inc.
300 Massachusetts Ave., 2nd Floor
Boston, MA 02115
Effective: June 14, 2018